Saturday, October 11, 2008

Zorses are Everywhere

Most of you, or some of you know me from my other blog, Health Train Express.  I may at times cross reference topics germane to both blogs. 

I can be thankful that I do not have any of my wealth invested in the stock market...(my Dad used to tell me, "If you like betting or horse races, then the market is for you".  When you're hot you're hot, when your not, you're not...

Today I received my first "FREE COPY OF THE INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY"  I will be getting it gratis for several weeks. I turned to page two and three to see all the graphic charts, overlayed with the market before and during "the great depression" A quick picture flashed through my mind of the "horse race sheets" my Dad used to study from Belmont.

I'm an 'east coast guy" and the sheets here in California somehow or other just don't seem the same. Where was I?

Oh yes, I was talking about the comparison's to the market crash of 1929.  The graphs sure look the same to me...however I am not a financial wizard..my intellectual efforts were tuned to science and medicine.  The financial pundits are telling me not to panic. My favorite saying is "if it look like a horse, smells like a horse, and sounds like a horse....it's most likely not a zebra.

zorse.jpg

Mom was a zebra, Dad was a horse.  (A Zorse)

If I had a stock porfolio I would consider moving it to real estate (did I say that?), or T-bills (with our government, is that safe?) Is that why Wachovia was bought by Wells Fargo instead of FDICs guarrantees? How about companies that build armaments? That seems to be a farly sure thing in war and peace. You could ride Warren  Buffet's coattails.....Sell your whole portfolio and buy 2-5 shares of Berkshire  Hathaway...it

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK-A)

traded yesterday at 113,300 dollars, but it was down 800 by the closing bell Friday.  How about an internet startup, Apple, Google, or Yahoo?

Regardless of 'street wisdom" my mattress is looking better and better.   I sure am glad  I bought a king size.

No comments: